Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The best serial command library for Arduino boards

Whenever I need to communicate with an Arduino board there is a library I come to rely on. It was written by Steven Cogswell and can be found on his page here. The link to the repository is about 3/4ths down the page (I don't want to direct link because I don't want to siphon off his traffic). It is a bit older so there are two modifications you will have to perform in order for it to work with the new Arduino IDE. In both the SerialCommand.cpp and the SerialCommand.h file replace all references to wprogram.h to arduino.h. After doing that the libraries should work just fine. If you don't want to bother with patching those files you can download the modified libraries and extended documentation in my Serial Communication Interface Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment